The cold weather is here again and it’s taking its toll on your hair. In the winter months hair needs more love and attention.
You may wonder why your hair is so dry and uncontrollable. When the temperature drops hair tends to lose its silky appearance as well as making the ends dry.
This is due to low moisture content and heated air inside. If you wear a hat to keep warm these problems may become worse as the hat material will rub against the hair leading to static electricity. This will make styling more challenging. To overcome this use these hair care tips.
- Dull and brittle hair is caused by heat and friction, which damages the hair cuticle structure.
- Rich conditioning treatments with oil extracts help prevent damage and repair the hair cuticles making them smoother.
- Also try adding a few drops of essential oils to your shampoo or work the oil through the ends of your damp hair. This will keep your hair supple and shiny.
- Static hair is arguably the most frustrating property of winter hair. Controlling static hair in the winter is very frustrating and is caused by hot air as well as the fibers in hats, hairbands and clothing. The movement of these fibers against hair produces static electricity, which makes hair stand on end.
- Try Styling products including styling mousse, extra-gloss wax and hair oil can help prevent static hair.
- The lack of moisture in the air leads to a dry scalp, which produces less sebum and can cause dandruff.
- Use a shampoo, which reduces dandruff and calms the scalp.
- If you wear a hat on wintery days be aware that your hair could become flat, as hats tend to press your hair down.
- Use volumizing spray blow-dry and curl your hair. Make sure you have the spray with you to refresh your hairstyle after taking off your hat.